Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog Post


A) Where i'm from - Mississippi, Hurley - English teacher - Live closer to USA - Love my family

B) Why Education? - Love kids - Love grammar - Kids need someone who care

C) 21st Century - Technology - Also counselors for kids - More responsibility

D) Interest - Insert picture

My name is Breanna McCormack and I am originally from Hurley, Mississippi. Since my mom passed when I was 16, I now live with my dad in Franklin Creek. I'm 21 years old and just recently graduated from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. My hopes are to be an English teacher, elementary of course. I attend USA really because it is closer to home. I was not ready to move out yet, so I decided not to move away to USM and attend USA. I love my family. As I said earlier, my mom passed when I was 16, but i'm not one to talk too much about it because I don't like people feeling sorry for me. I have a wonderful dad and step mom, 2 sisters and 1 brother. My siblings are my whole world.

I really feel like the field of education is just the job for me. I enjoy watching children learn and grow. Children really need passionate teachers because not only are we providing them with education, but sometimes we are there to show we care. That is all children want, is for someone just to be there. That leads me to say, teachers in the 21st century have more than just a teaching job. Children these days get no love and care they deserve at home. Some children come to school wanting the attention they don't get at home. Teachers now also need to know how to work with technology. That is what the world is leading to. I'm not a lazy person, but I do LOVE Netflix.

My 2 favorite are OITNB and Grey's Anatomy. If i'm not cleaning, i'm watching one of those. Although, I have already finished both seasons of OITNB and I have to wait until next year for the next season. Well that is all about me. Happy blogging :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem like a pretty interesting person! I also love OITNB and Grey's Anatomy. They are my favorite. Great blog Breanna, and it was very nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete