Thursday, October 23, 2014

Blog Post 10

technology
After watching The First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's class, I found it very neat to know that they are doing more with technology than I do. Of course when I was a first grader, computer labs were part of a reward for us. We did not use them to learn with or communicate with others from all around the world. It was great to hear a teacher who hasn't always been familiar with technology, to work it into her classroom. For most of us, we weren't taught this way and still learning how to use all of it as well. I think privacy would be a big concern with parents with their first graders using computers and communicating with people around the world. In the first interview, I think it is a great idea to send notes home at the beginning of year with the parents. This lets the parents know what's going on in the classroom. In the first video the kids talked about family members commenting on their blog posts. This could be a great idea because the parents can also see what their children are posting and what other students are posting to their child's blog. Blogging would be my main technique I would use within my classroom. After having this class, I have realized how much helpful it really can be. Seeing what others do is great encouragement and very helpful when doing things and learning. In the second & third interview, I found it very informative to just hear the rest of how she does things in the classroom. My main concern would be the privacy issue, but her idea with the letter is probably the way I would approach the situation. All of the questions the EDM students asked were some I would have also asked. One other concern I would have would be how long does it take to teach a student to use the technology? If a child just doesn't get it, how do you handle that?

Once again, I very much enjoyed this interview because I love hearing other teachers ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Breanna, I liked reading your blog post today. I think that you did a good job. I am also suprised that the first graders are able to use technology so easily. I also think I will send notes home and utilize blogging in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete