Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blog Post 13

inclusive learning

What are your thoughts on Inclusive Learning?

Read the following articles and a answer the question above.

1. Intervention Central
2.Mainstreaming Special Education in the classroom

Also watch the YouTube video Inclusive Learning: Everyone's In and give your thoughts on the video.


Answer the question in a post that adheres to the standards found in the ACCRS and in Writing A Quality Blog Post.

I will start by saying I have wanted to be a Special Education teacher since I was in high school. I had my mind set on it. I started doubting myself, so that is when I decided to change my major to elementary ed. I am still wishy-washy about it, but hopefully it will come to me soon.

Reading Intervention Central really tells how you can make the classroom setting easier for everyone. Not all children learn the same or can handle every day tasks like others can. For us, as teachers, it is our job to include everyone equally, but make it best for everyone. Some students may need a daily routine that is set. You can try as best as you can to have good structure in your classroom. Any routine is good for the students and yourself.

Mainstreaming Special Education in the classroom is somewhat like inclusion, but different as well. They are both including students with any sort of need to be in a classroom with other students. Personally, I think this is awesome and everyone should be treated equally. I know when we had students with learning disabilities in the classroom, they stayed in the classroom with everyone else, they just had a teacher to help them in their time of need (this is inclusion). In the article it states Mainstreaming is "earning" your right to be in a classroom. I don't really agree with that because being there is a right in itself to be in the classroom.

The Inclusive Learning Video is a great example of just what Inclusive Learning is. I think it is awesome to watch things like this and see teachers who actually put time and effort into children with needs. There are always ways to change a classroom setting to make it suitable for all children. I think all children should be involved with everything everyone else does. The video gives great examples on how to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Breanna,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I have always wanted to be a special education teacher myself, and I still hope to become the best one I can be. I liked all of the information you found for your post, it was really helpful! It will be a challenge as a special education teacher to learn all of the different ways our students need to learn, but I think it will be well worth it in the end. Good job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good idea for a blog post. Good job.

    ReplyDelete