Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Blog Post 6

New Teacher

I enjoyed the videos with Anthony Capps. They were very useful and informative. It is always encouraging hearing someone talk about how rewarding it is to be a teacher. In the video Tips for teachers, I thought all the tips were helpful. I have always heard teaching never ends, you will bring it home with you, but like he said you learn to make it fun. If being a teacher is really what you want, creating new ideas to share with your students should be fun. Also in the video Discovery Education, I actually had never heard of this. It sounds like a very useful tool when teaching. I agree with Anthony about visuals helping students learn. Anything visual could help anyone learn better, in my opinion. The other video about technology I found was also informative. He makes a good point to not teach technology, but to put it to use instead. I would, once again, agree with him. The way we should all learn technology is to use it, not just be taught how to use it. Like with everything, practice makes perfect. The use of technology is hands on and she be taught that way. I found all these videos helpful, these three just stood out the most to me. It is always helpful to get to hear of experiences with a new teacher and how teaching for us will be like.

3 comments:

  1. Very good blog post! I love all of the websites you referenced to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. You made me realize that I'm a little long-winded in my posts. You said the same things that I did, but in so many fewer words. I completely agree that if you truly want to be a teacher you won't mind bringing your work home with you. It's a down fall of the job, but it's so rewarding that it's worth it. I see you have the passion for teaching. A lot of teachers don't have that anymore. It's nice to see that in a fellow student. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete