Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Blog Post 7

Always Learning
1) I very much enjoyed these videos. I thought it was helpful seeing actual teachers in actual classrooms. I am somewhat good at using technology. I think my weakness would be not knowing enough about technology. Of course, as everyone said, we all learn something everyday. My strengths are knowing as much as I do about the ipad and Apple products. I think, as a future teacher, I will need to learn more how to use all forms of technology and get to know what is out there for students to learn. In my opinion, it is all about experience. It is something you have to play around with and gain different knowledge everyday.

2) The reading center video was neat. I find it so weird such young kids are using technology like this, but it is a good thing. The students being able to listen to themselves re-read is great. Students may learn better by hearing what they say and finding their own mistakes. Poplet was something I have never heard of before. It is somewhat like a thinking map I once did in elementary school, but much more detailed. I found thinking maps very helpful as a kid, so i'm sure being more detailed now, it is even more helpful. It is amazing how one app can teach so much. There were two different videos of children sharing Board Builders, but once again this was something I have never heard of. This is a useful app as well. It gives students a chance to be creative with the information they obtained, but a good teaching tool too. I found the video on iMovie neat as well because this was something we just did. I enjoyed doing the movie trailer because it was different and fun. I find it cool how elementary students are doing the same things we are doing at a university. Technology can have its ups and downs, but it is what we are turning to and it can always teach us something new.

1 comment:

  1. Overall good, but you need to be sure and complete the entire blog post assignment. You were asked to summarize and respond to each video listed.

    ReplyDelete